The incumbent will assist Business Services Management team in all functions related to accounts receivable management and financial reporting by analyzing data and performing research. The incumbent will be trained in all A/R system master files, profiles and practice management systems. The incumbent will participate in meetings related to Business Services areas of responsibility and provide written recommendations to the Business Services Management team to ensure billing compliance and maximize efficiencies. The incumbent will also be responsible for the oversight of internal consulting projects such that results provide timely, accurate and compliant recommendations to management. Supervises, coaches, and cousels employees to ensure compentency in all aspects of job duties, including compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies.
Demonstrates actions consistent with Ochsner Clinic Foundation's "Quality Principles" as duties are performed on a daily basis.
Education, Experience & Training:
Bachelor's degree in a related field required. Minimum ten years of related healthcare experience required. Four additional years of equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of the Bachelor's degree. Work experience must demonstrate progressive achievement. Advanced degree in Finance, Accounting, Business/Health Administration or related professional certification (e.g., CIA, CPA, CISA, CPC, CCS, etc.) may be subsituted for 10 years of work experience.
1. Strong leadership and communication skills. Must be able to prepare and present findings and results to diverse audiences; including board members, administrators, managers and staff. Must be able to plan, coordinate and review staff work on projects involving complex business and technical matters.
2. Self-directed with strong analytical and operational problem solving skills.
3. Time management skills should include the ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate multiple work areas and assignments under fast paced and changing conditions to meet deadlines. Ability to resolve issues at lowest level and understands when to escalate or change priorities. Must be able to balance technical and practical needs.
4. Ability to assist in the recruiting process. Demonstrates coaching skills that will foster employee development, productivity, growth, satisfaction, loyalty and commitment. Demonstates persuasion skills that will attract qualified staff to the organization.
5. Demonstrates competence in applying accounting principles and/or federal and state regulations to daily decision making process.
6. PC skills required in MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Access (or equivalent). Knowledge of Siemens systems is an advantage.
7. Positive attitude and the ability to promote a cooperative and pleasant work environment since all responsibilities are team oriented.